Thursday, March 28, 2013

my VLVS!/Clearsnap project

Well today is Kersten, LeslieRahye and myself to show off the projects we did for the Clearsnap and VLVS! swap. Be sure to head to the VLVS! blog too see what LR and Kersten did for the swap. And don't forget to leave a little love other there. You might win a pound of rubber! :)

This is my project I did for the swap. I did a journal page in my Staphmore Visual journal. I wanted to do a card, but I deiced to go in a different direction.


I took a page out of the journal (It helped that I took the binding out of the journal and have binder rings in it instead. Which is good because this little journal is chunky!) I filled a container with some water and I took some of my Smooches in Silver Fox, pool and sassy pink and dipped them in the water. I took a stick and swirled the ink around. then I dipped the paper into the water and got this cool marble background.

After I heat set the page so it was dry enough, I stamped the Whimsical clouds with Stephanie Banard Premium Dye Licorice ink pad on the journal page. I then took the Pool Smoosh and painted just by the inside lines of the clouds. I did miss stamp one of the clouds, but I had had another journal page with the same clouds so i c\just cut one out and taped it on to this page with Miracle tape.

On Kromecote I stamped the Whimsical house with the same black dye ink pad. I embossed it with the Ultra high gloss clear embossing powder. I colored the house with Grape soda, Sassy pink, taffy, snickerdoodle, moonlight and  gold Lame. cut the house out and used foam tape to put it on the page. Then I stamped the trees with the licorice ink pad and Pinkolicious archival ink pad. Embossed the the ultra high gloss clear.  cut out and used Mircale tape to attache it to the page.

 I used the small alphabets from the December Daily late and stamped "our house" with the Donna Salazar Mix'ed inx in Jasmine on a scrap of black cardstock. Used Miracle tape to attach it. Lastly I  spritz the gold smooch spritz onto my craft mat and with a paint brush went along the edge of the page.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Neat! A journal page.. first one i've seen an example of. Thank you!