Friday, March 8, 2013

Faber-castell design memory craft guest dt tryout

So I decided to take the plunge and try out for the guest Design team call for the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft for the May 2013-Aug. 2013 Term. I've been wanting to try out for awhile but was too chicken to do it, This time I decided to do it!

My project that I'm submitting to is a journal page in my Staphmore Visual Journal.


1.I tore and glued some vintage sheet music with Matte Medium.
2. I then tore and glued down some vintage ads tissue paper with matte medium.
3. I After the glued dried I put some purple craft paint on the page and painted it on. I liked that the text is still showing.
4. I took a bottle of black craft paint that I watered down and made some drips down the page,
5. I took a round thing that was part of a roll of medical tape. I kept the center as it makes a cool stamp. I put some white craft paint on my craft mat, and put some on the circle and stamped with it.
6. I took a black Bic pen and drew circles where I stamped the white ones.
7. with the extra white paint on my mat, I spritz some water on the paint, and made some splaters on the page and some drips.
8. I cut out the girl from the magazine and glued her down. Pardon her spots on her face, She must of gotten into something when I was doing the other side of the page. :)
9. After looking forever for my chevron stamp and not finding it, I stamped the arrow and the Six Sided hexagon both from Viva Las VegaStamps! on the journal page with black Memento ink pad(the missing stamp was later found after I finished the page)
10.  I stamped the "I wish my life had background music" sentiment from Viva Las VegaStamps! with Black ink pad on white cardstock. I cut the sentiment out and glued it to the page with glossy accents.





No comments: